Upload the Correct Files to WordPress
There are 2 options to download the WordPress files:
- All files and documentation
– Extract the contents of the zip file.
- Installable WordPress files only
– Upload the Installable WordPress file admin area.
- Log in to your WordPress admin area
- Browse to Appearance > Themes
- Click on ‘Add New’
- Click ‘Upload’
- Browse and select the theme zip file to ‘Upload’
Upload Via FTP
- WordPress files can also be uploaded manually via FTP.
- Upload the files to /wp-content/themes/ folder on your server.
- Login to your WordPress admin area to change the theme.
- Check out the guide on WordPress.org here.